The function of Bravo Fleet Academy is to help you learn to do the various activities our club offers, and the function of the New Member Program specifically is to introduce you to our activity-based awards and promotion system, provide brief tutorials on writing, gaming, and competitions, and help you understand our structure and system of governance. While we strive to be as user-friendly as possible, this is a large club with a lot of moving parts, so we hope that this quick introduction will help you get started.
What You'll Learn
During this program, you will:
- Understand Bravo Fleet's core activities—solo and group fiction writing, video gaming, and competitions;
- Learn where to find information about Bravo Fleet's structure and understand how you might interact with members in staff roles during your time here; and
- Explore the possibilities for your progression in the organization by considering several different career paths you might take.
How You'll Finish
To finish the program, you must:
- View every link or page with a check-box next to it;
- Earn passing grades on each of the three short, open-note quizzes; and,
- Create an activity report on your BFMS dossier with a link to the badge Moodle will send to you via email.
Once you have done this, your Task Force Staff will nominate you for the New Member Program Badge, which is one of the requirements for promotion from Cadet Senior Grade to Midshipman. Throughout the course of this program, you will learn the other things you can do to move through the cadet ranks, and by the end of this content you should have a good idea of everything it will take to get all the way through the senior officer ranks as well!
- Teacher: Brendan Andreus Kohl
- Teacher: David G
- Teacher: Raan Mason